Monday 7 May 2012

May 2012 in Christine's garden

Once again my turn for hosting veggie group had rolled around.
I was pretty excited as I had managed to pick up some scrap pallets and star pickets during the week and hoped that those coming would be kind enough to form them into some sort of composting bay system for me..

...and they did!

Strategically positioning the pallets and securing them with stakes and wire..

I am in awe of Tash as she puts her hand up to operate the electric chainsaw! She did a fantastic job of removing those low, overhanging branches! Thankyou muchly, Tash.


Meanwhile, in the greenhouse, Susan and Kirsty (aka The Bowerbird) were busy weeding, digging and sowing pea seeds. Great work, ladies!


A visitor..
{Southern Brown Tree Frog}
Elsewhere, others weeded, weeded and weeded some more - thankyou so very much!

And the day wouldn't have been complete without a birthday cake for a dear lady..to mark a special very birthday.


Happy birthday, Cynthia, I hoped you enjoyed your day! xx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Christine, it sounds like you had a wonderful morning. It is great to read and see what you were up to, helps me feel connected even when I can't be there.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful morning with so many gourmet treats, that quince paste was divine and swooning over those custard scrolls. Love your vegie group inspired cake. Those chooks are tooo sweet, love how they are getting in on the compost building action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have finally found my way into the blog! I loved my birthday at your place Christine, and I was so touched by the voucher, I felt so indulged by you guys.. Christine, the garden cake was a true inspiration as was Tash's assertive chainsawing the pines! The compost pallets is a fantastic idea, and one I might emulate for sure. Another thing that inspired me was you garden Christine, I loved the way you used all recyclable stuff for your garden, and it looks great too. What a shame Sunbury tip is run by a money grubbing dragon!

    Now all I need to do is to learn to upload the photos....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, Kate - it's good to share what's happening in this space.

    Aww, thanks, Kirsty. Those chooks are the highlight of my days at the moment - they are such a good team!

    Woohoo, Cynthia, you did it! So glad we were able to share in your celebrations. Looking forward to watching your garden grow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...